Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Monday, June 12, 2017

             Cutting and Fusing Fabric
        
         Today I'm cutting and fusing the fabric pieces for the center of the quilt.
 
  In the first photo I've ironed the freezer paper pattern to the front of the fabric I've chosen for the gravel drive way. I have folded back the freezer paper so the fabric can be seen. I've fused fusible web to the back of the fabric

In this photo I've taken a straight  pin and used it to make a tear line in the fusible web paper on the back of the fabric to  expose the back of the fabric where the fusible web glue is located.
  It will take two to three days to finish this process. there are 36  pattern pieces  to be prepared.

    In this last picture I've done a black line drawing of the middle section of the quilt. Each time I finish a pattern piece I mark the area off using an orange color pencil. This helps me keep track of the pieces I've done and to help me see if I've forgotten to cut out a pattern piece so I can make one if I missed making one. I'm hoping to get 12 pieces done each day. It is labor intensive so I have to take a break in between each set of twelve.