Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Thursday, May 25, 2017


                            Finished Quilt Top
  I finished the quilt top today and after it is trimmed to a 12 in. x 12in. sq. I will add the binding,  a small hanging sleeve and  a label to the back of the quilt.
    The first photo is a close up of   the yarn vine and  painted tree I added to the quilt. The next two photos are close up photos of the finished tree that I added leaves and flowers to. I put French Knots in the center of  each flower on the tree.    
   The flowers are silk . I got them  from sprays of flowers I bought at  Joann's Fabrics. I find they make the perfect size flowers for my small quilts.
  I haven't decided on a border fabric yet so I will be picking that out today . I like to add  a hanging sleeve for the back of the quilt so a dowel can be inserted .
   I'm donating this quilt to SAQA for an benefit auction. It is payment for my yearly membership fee.