Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

                 FINISHED QUILT

                       Yea! I just finished my quilt.
  It is a 12x12 in. quilt. I put a single fold bias binding on this quilt. I've never used a single fold bias binding on any of my small quilts before . I was having problems with the binding not laying flat enough and it was hard to sew so I started looking for another way to get a better looking edge on my quilts. I finally found one on you tube and decided to try it on this quilt.
    I was very happy with the result. It was easy to do and my mitered corner looks much better. I'm going to use this technique for all of my future quilts.
  I used a cotton fabric that matched some of the color on the inside of the quilt. the fabric was just the right color of fabric . Not to dark and not to light. Perfect shade.
    I'm going to put together a small book and I think I will use this quilt for the cover. Here is a pic of  the finished quilt.
   I will be donating this quilt to the Studio Art Quilt Association.

     I will be starting another quilt and I was asked to make a few more of my Camo Bags for the local shop here in my town.