Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Thursday, May 18, 2017

                SAFETY PINNING TEMPLE QUILT
         I've finished pinning my quilt sandwich together. This includes the quilt, batting and background fabric.
         I'm going to start doing  free- motion stitching today over the surface of the quilt and then once I'm finished with the stitching I'll iron the piece.
         I lay parchment paper on top of the quilt and use a warm iron to iron the surface of the quilt. I will avoid ironing the tree because I want it to stand out and not get flattened to much.
       I will be adding  silk flowers and cotton fabric  leaves to the tree on the right side of the quilt next.
      I use curved safety pins to hold the three layers together. I place them about a hands width apart over the surface of the quilt .
      I used acrylic paint to paint the surface of the fabric I used for the tree and I've used fabric glue to hold the vine in place. I had to change the color of the trunk  of the tree because the fabric I first used was to dark and the tree disappeared into the background.
 I just started sewing the trucks of the trees on the top portion of the quilt.