Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Monday, August 22, 2016

 

        Continued:
Had a chance to work on my quilt the last  pas few days and I've gotten three of the appliqued vegetables painted , cut out and fused to its back ground fabric. Once I get all of them finished I will piece together the separate vegetable block  segments and stitch it to the center design on the quilt.
    
   I found this  piece of fabric above  that I think will be perfect for the large trees in the fore ground of the quilt.
           Here are my three of the finished appliqued vegetable blocks. They are finished being painted , cut out , and fused to the muslin backing fabric.
  I'm going to be adding, hand or machine, stitching to each of the vegetables and I may be adding a few more leave and or flowers also.
 
 Eggplant, Yellow Crookneck Squash and Red Beets.












 

 After I paint my  fabric I iron on fusible web to the back of the  painted each finished piece. I use a straight pin to make a crease on the paper backed fusible web. After the paper is removed I fuse it to the backing fabric.
I put the original drawing underneath the  muslin and position my applique pieces  on top of the muslin and fuse.
 I gather all the things I need to make the vegetable I'm working on.
 Next I fuse everything in place and put the finished blocks in a small storage bag.

  When I'm making a quilt a keep a photo record of each step I do. If I need to check on anything I've done.
  While I'm doing this quilt I will post pictures of the steps I've taken.
   

    I start my quilts with a black line drawing and then I start transferring my drawing by placing some clear cellophane  wrapping paper over the top of the drawing. as I'm working on the quilt I draw in the part of the quilt I want to make a pattern for and then I find or make the fabric I need. I will do this for the entire center of the quilt . Using this method helps me keep organized.
   
  I measured and cut out the sky fabric I made and placed it under the clear cellophane wrapping paper.
 
 I placed my black line drawing under the cellophane on top of the sky fabric.
   I cut a piece of twine and attach it to the top left side of the quilt and I use this twine to find the line of light for the time of day I've chosen For this quilt the light will be coming from the top left and the
                                                      time of day is early morning.