Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Friday, June 12, 2015

NEW PROJECT
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 I  have been wanting to make a doll but didn't know how so I recently decided I would try making my first doll. This is the result.  It has been fun to learn a new skill and it is a fairly quick and easy project that I think most can do.
                                              

  I had to learn how to make the body ,clothes ,hair ,face, shoes everything top to bottom . It has taken me about  three  weeks to  learn what to do about putting together the doll. its arms bend and the purse can be opened and closed. Pintrist is a wonderful resource to learn doll making

  My friend made the stand from scrap wood and I stained and varnished it.
 I wanted my doll to stand so I have attached her to the dowel with Velcro.

 She was made from small pieces of leftover fabric I had on hand . The fabric is cotton.
 I crocheted her head band and put tiny beads on the ends.

   


 I'm still doing other projects but I wanted to take a break and learn a new skill . The shop  I sale  in didn't have  any dolls so I'm  going to make these dolls to sale
     

                                   She will be going up for sale  this week and I'm starting a new doll.