Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

FINISHED PROJECTS
     Just finished my mini quilt yesterday and will be taking it to the local shop where I sale the items I make.
     This is the first mini quilt I've done featuring a local landmark in my community.
   It is the Aquatic Park in our town.
I spent a couple of hours photographing the park then chose a picture from the photos I took and used it to make my quilt.
      I'm going to start making sketches of another park we have in our town and start another quilt today. One photo shows how I pinned the quilt before I stitched it.

 The colorful purse is called a Japanese Knot  Bag. I used four pieces of fabric to make it. It is a easy to make project and takes very little time to make. Some of these will go to the shop today.  I like this bag to carry small items like glasses, cell phone and wallet.

  The quilt is made from scraps of cotton fabric and I used fabric paint to paint in the trees in the middle and on the right side of the quilt. I also used water color pencils to shade the tree on the right. I added a few beads to the middle of the flowers located on the bottom right of the quilt.
          I used free motion stitching over the surface to add dimension.
         I like making the smaller quilts because I can make them faster than the quilts I've made in the past and I is easier for me to handle a smaller quilt.
          I will be posting pics of the new beads, I just learned how to make, I upcoming post.

         The colorful purse is called a Japanese Knot  Bag. I used four pieces of fabric to make it. It is a easy to make project and takes very little time to make. Some of these will go to the shop today.  I like this bag to carry small items like glasses, cell phone and wallet.
                         
.