Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Hey From Hot Hot California,
  Finally got time to write a little and post a few photos.
        I have everything laid out on the table to start on the new quilt. I hope my neighbor likes it when I"m finished. I did the first black and white draft ,on freezer paper, of the quilt. The next thing I will do is make a final drawing that I will make two copies of and then I can use on to make my patterns from/
       I got photos printed out on copy  paper using the pics I got of my neighbors garden. with my camera last week.I will use these photos to make my applique patterns.
      This is a photo of my quilt project set up. I have been going through my fabric and looking for fabric I can use for my vegetables. I am going to make appliques to go around the outside edge of the quilt. When it is possible I'm going to use photos Ive taken of the vegetables, and print them onto fabric ,that are being brought to me.

   
     This is a picture of my first draft. I will changes the design while making the quilt and many times it does not look like my original pattern.
                                   
         This is the fabric that I will put my final drawing on before I start the quilt. I have also chosen a fabric with a country feel to it for the backing fabric.
   
                  Here are a couple of pictures of vegetables I have been given . I will print them onto fabric then over paint and machine stitch the surface then apply them to the quilt.

                                  
                            
https://sp1.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608018870858482461&pid=15.1&P=0
       My sister ask me to do a fabric card for her husband for his  birthday so since he is an artist I'm going to  make an artist palette and make the brushes and paint on the palette from fabric scraps I have on hand. lately I have been making these kind of cards for family and friends but I think I will make some to sale in the shop.     When I finish the card I will post a picture of it.    
     Well wouldn't    you know it   HA HA my light just went out on my sewing machine. I have also been having troubles with my computer because it is 10 years old. and a couple of days ago I haven't been able to load my desktop. Look like i need a new machine . Luckily I have a number a friend gave me where I can by a computer for a very reasonable price of $ 85.00.  So Ill givem   a call tomorrow.            
      I am also posting a picture of tone of the scrap bags I was working on a few weeks ago and posted about.
     Here is a picture of the almost finished bag.Once I get a light for my machine I can finish it.