Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

New Mini Quilt
  Just about finished with my little 12x12 in quilt. It is a donation quilt. I named this piece "The Boat Landing"
   I made a black line drawing  and made a second drawing on some clear cellophane wrap . I use the second drawing for a guide to help me place my fabric pieces.
   I used  cotton fabric scrapes in assorted prints and  I had several  batik scraps on hand  that I used to make the tree leaves.
  All that is left to do today is  my surface stitching, binding and hanging sleeve . I'll post
   

   The next project I have in mind is to do several small hand bags. Since spring has sprung I want to do bags with flowers , birds , butterflies and  assorted fruits motifs.
    I would also like to do a few more bracelets.
    I've been thinking about what kind of  large quilt I would like to make next and the two places I have in mind to get ides from for the quilt is Ireland and a Island in Mexico Norte -Isla Mujeres ( Island of Women)
 on the Yucatan Peninsula.