Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Newest Update about Hibiscus Flower
    After I finished making all the parts for each of my Hibiscus Flowers I pinned one set of the flower parts to my  form core board so I could get an idea of what the size of the  finished flower would be and to also see how the color of the flower would look once assembled. I used the same the techniques to make twenty five petals for the black and white quilt. The flowers and flower buds  will be added to both quilts later.
    I placed  HeatnBond Ultra Hold on the back of each of the petals and then backed  each petal with a piece of  the same cotton gauze fabric that I used for the front of each of the petals.
     I have never used this product before .After reading Joan Shay's book Petal Play I thought I would give it a try. I like this product very much and it is wonderful to use when making flowers to give them a 3-D effect.