Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Creating a Tree


I am finally getting time to post today. I have been working on the tree that I want to put on the left side of the quilt. It will be a large tree and I decided to make it using layers of batik fabric. I apply the pieces of fabric using glue sticks and Alene's fabric glue. I use tweezers to apply the fabric to the fabric tree base. I know this doesn't  look like much of a tree now but it will look more realistic once it is sewn on the quilt and I do free motion stitching on the surface. This process is time-consuming but well worth the effort. I will apply the leaves in the same manner once I get them cut out. Here are a couple of pics of what I have done so far.