Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Painted Fabric

I have been busy going to see my doctor and trying to get some fabric painted for the quilt I am working on. I had a friend ,who works in construction, get me some used bricks and used them to get an idea on how I would paint my fabric to resemble the color and texture of brick. Since I am making a wall for my moongate to fit into I pulled out the colors I thought would be good to use to paint my wall. I used eight to ten colors and over painted a large piece of hand dyed fabric I had on hand. I really loved the colors of the fabric I had but I needed to over paint the fabric to get it to look like used brick. After I painted the fabric I heat set the paint. Here is a pic of the fabric I painted. I will put my sky fabric in the center of this fabric and eventually do thread painting on the surface to resemble used brick. Some of the areas of the fabric have glops of paint that help it have the feel of real bricks. I should be able to sew over these areas using free motion stitching.