Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Next step

After my fabric was painted and heat set I put my sky fabric , right side up, on top and pinned the two pieces together. These two pieces of fabric will be flipped over and then I will stitch around the outside edge of the sky fabric. I had to re-paint my sky fabric because I didn't like the light areas that was on the other piece of sky fabric I painted. When I painted the first piece of sky fabric I didn't have a firm ,smooth surface to paint on and some of the areas  were uneven. I am much happier with the new piece of fabric and I think it will work much better for this quilt.
I am using white thread because I will be able to see the stitches when I turn these two pieces of fabric over so I can cut out the fabric that is under the sky fabric.