Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Putting Baskets on the Quiltscape


This is the first placement of baskets on this quiltscape. I will move the baskets again later on once I decide on their final placement. I want to fill one basket with figs and in the other basket I think I will add a few pomegranates. I want to add a pomegranate tree on the left side of the quilt. I found three pieces of beautiful fabric that will be great to make the pomegranates.
I also made a mat, using yarn, for the flute player to sit on.I stitched two yarns together then I placed strips of the knitting yarn together on a piece of bridal tulle and sewed the strips together. I will be adding several other fabrics under the mat. Mat were used in Egypt to sit on and sleep on etc.
The Egyptians used baskets to put food in and they were used to hold household items ( clothes etc.)

No comments: