Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Creating the Baskets for my Egyptian Garden Quilt


I wanted to place baskets next to the flute player so I thought I would make crouched baskets. I don't know how to crochet but I thought I would give it a try. After I managed to make the tiny baskets, I realized that they would not work and I would have had to make too many adjustments to them . So I decided the thread paint the baskets.
In this photo I have removed the Solvy and tulle from around the baskets, putting them in water to remove all the Solvy. Then I ironed the baskets between two pieces of fabric to remove the moisture. There is some tulle left around the edges so I will use my stencil tool to burn the Solvy from around the edges. This also helps seal the edges so nothing will unravel.

No comments: