Thursday, February 25, 2010
Putting a Collar on the Flute Player
This is the collar I made today for the Egyptian flute player quilt. I used Madeira rayon thread to make this collar. I made a copy of the collar from the original drawing I have. Next, I used color pencils to color in the design. I decided to us four colors for the collar. I drew a black line design on solvy and layered it with bridal tulle. I used free motion stitching to make the collar on the solvy. Next I removed the collar from the embroidery hoop and applied it to my design board to see how it would look on the flute player.