Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Monday, July 27, 2009

Update --- Progress of quilt


I spent most of my weekend making the tree I had decided to make using the simulated leather a friend gave me. I used my Golden Threads Quilting Paper, which is my favorite tracing paper, to make the pieces of the tree. I lay the tracing paper over my tree design then drew the pattern . I cut the pattern apart, placed each piece on the leather , drew around the edge with a pigma micron fine tipped black pen, cut out the leather pieces ,placed them on my quilt adjusted the placement and glued them in place. I mixed some Pebeo Setacolor paint and painted the leather. When I get ready to stitch my design on the surface of the tree I will use a "Schmetz( Leather (90/14) needle". I was also able to get the plants and waterfall glued into place. I will work on adding more plants and boulders to the path in the front of the quilt. Once the plants etc. are in place I will start embellishing the cliff, path and tree. I will add a little longer limb to the tree in the middle of the quilt. As I do each step of the embellishing I will post as I go.







No comments: