Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Progress on quilt






















I think I have finally decided on how I want to make the tree on my quilt. I want to add geometric symbols on the bark of the tree and I wanted to use a bark like fabric for the trunk of the tree. Lucky for me a friend sent me some material that might work. It is like mock snake skin on one side (which is shiny). On the other side it looks like bark. I made a pattern for the tree ,drew on the design I am going to use. I drew a second tree pattern that can be cut apart for my templates.I will lay the pattern on the mock snake skin , mark my design and cut out each section. I will lay each mock snake skin pattern piece on the original drawing as they are cut.I added 1/16 in on the right side if each pattern piece so they can over lap and will fit together. Next I will free motion stitch my design over the surface of the tree and start the next step.

2 comments:

Judy Alexander said...

I also do landscape quilts. I am signing up to follow your blog. Please visit me. I just did a small series on trees, one of my favorite subjects. Congrats on your award.

Judy

Judy Alexander said...

I also landscape quilts. I just did a small series on trees that you can see on my blog. Congrats on your award! I look forward to following your work.

Judy