Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Lilies of the Pantanal



These are pictures of one of my recent quilts. I saw a picture of some giant water lilies that grow in the Pantanal of South America , the largest wetlands in the world. I was so inspired, I decided to make this quilt. I painted the fabric for this quilt and did a lot of embroidery over the surface, including some Brazilian embroidery. The flowers are made from my own hand-dyed cotton. I also used appliqué and free motion stitching in the  construction.
You will be able to see the detail better if you click on any of the pictures. I will be posting pictures of some of my quilts from time to time.

No comments: