Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Painting Fabric for my Quilt

This is the first sky fabric I painted for this new quilt. I used Pebeo Setacolor Translucent Fabric paint. After I mixed the colors I chose for the sky I thinned the paint with water (50/50) and applied it to pre- washed and ironed white cotton fabric. The colors I chose were light blues, peach, rose, mauve, violet and golden yellow. I wanted it to look like an early morning sky. I would cover this particular piece of fabric with white bridal tulle to lighten it which would give it a misty effect. Some times I need to paint four or five pieces until I get the one I want.

No comments: