Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Beginning a New Quilt


I spent much of the day yesterday getting everything together so I could start the new quilt I want to make. As I am making my new quilt I will post my progress and the materials I use to make the quilt plus techniques I use to construct it. I start by making a few pencil drawings of my ideas for the quilt I have in mind. I started with a drawing about 9x23 in.I then draw a grid on top of the picture so I can enlarge the picture and transfer the drawing to fabric.
An example above left is the quilt I have in mind. The picture will be tweaked along the way because there are always things I want to add or take away. After I know where I am heading I transfer my picture to a larger piece of cotton fabric. I put a grid pattern on a larger piece of cotton fabric and transfer my picture. The size of this quilt will be approximately will be 22 x 37-1/2 in.

No comments: