Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Saturday, June 20, 2009

My Earliest Work


I really enjoy making landscapes and goddess art. I also love creating small spirit bags and I do commission work . Below is one of my landscape quilts. I added some beads on the edge of the quilt. The name of the quilt is "Place of Meditation."
To see a larger view of my quilt, click on the quilt. The leaves on the tree are irregular cut pieces which are fused and then free motion stitched over the top. The trunks are over painted fabric, then I backed it with thin batting and raw edge appliquéd the edge. The flowers were fussy cut, painted with fabric maker pens, applied to the quilt and free motioned stitched with thread that matched the color of the painted flower. I added the large beads to the edge of the quilt when it was finished.


No comments: