Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Sunday, August 27, 2017

        Tulle Covered Pattern Board
  I'm finally able to get back to work on my Garden quilt.
I've been thinking about how I would get all the very small pieces, I have cut and fused,  in place  so I can get them in the correct place on my pattern.
 I hope this idea works.
  Since my design is a very intricate design and allot of the pieces are very small it was difficult for me to transfer them  to the white cotton fabric, I'm using as back ground fabric,  that I'm  attaching my pattern pieces to.
 I needed a way to see the pattern so I could get all the pattern pieces in the right place. So I decided to use bridal tulle.
 I put tulle over the top of the pattern and tacked the top of the pattern and the tulle in place along the top of  a foam core board.
  Now I will be able to see my design and be able to put the cut out pattern pieces in place.


I used white bridal tulle laid on top of the pattern.
 Next I'm going to fuse or glue each pattern piece in place.
  I will be posting pics as I go along.
 I'm either going to use a fabric  glue stick or spray glue to attach each cut out pattern pieces in place on the top of the tulle.