Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Sunday, August 20, 2017

                  Canteen Bag Finished
         I just finished my first canteen style bag. I like the way it turned out and it was pretty easy to make. It is 100%  cotton and it has three pockets on the inside .
    Front:
 I did allot of appliqué on the front of this bag'
 The flowers were cut from cotton fabric and they have been over painted with fabric paint.
  I made the ferns from cotton fabric .
I took photo of the ferns I have in my yard and transferred the photos to fabric and then cut them out , fused the fabric to another pieces of cotton fabric and then cut them out and then stitched them to the front pieces of hand painted fabric I had made earlier. I did this with all the flowers and lastly I painted the flowers with fabric paint.
  The straps are hand pieced and sewn to the edge of the bag.

Back of Bag: I kept it simple since I had done so much work on the front of the bag.











Side view: the bag is 11/2 inches wide.












                                        Inside:
Here is a pic of the inside of the bag. There are three pockets inside the bag. I added zig zag trim to the top of each pocket top.

I'm asking $35 for the bag
 the bag is 8 in. dia.
 the bags are one of a kind.