Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Sunday, July 23, 2017

                                         Round Bag
          I've been working on a round bag idea and today I just finished putting the different elements together.
    I finished the straps and both front and back sections.
  I cut four large round pieces and two 3/4 moon pieces for the inside pockets' and two pieces of batting.

   I added rick rack to the inside pocket tops and for one of the full round pieces I added some raw edge applique elements.
   I used regular cotton fabric for this bag and I did free form stitching on the flowers and ferns. I added buttons for the centers of each flower and used embroidery thread to stitch the buttons on. I used fabric paint to paint the center surface of the flowers.
   I will be assembling the bag today . I need to stich the edge of each circular piece together and then stitch the strap on using a slip stitch.
  the red flowers in the front of the bags design is 3-d and stands up on the surface.
     I'm going to put a simple cotton strap and Velcro closer for the bag.