Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Friday, December 6, 2013

NEW BOWL PROJECT STARTED
 I have started working on a few fabric bowls. I finished the bowl I made for my nephew and it has inspired me to make a few more. in fact I'm working on a bowl today with a Christmas theme. 
 Here is a picture of the finished bowl.My nephew loved the bowl. He is a real Trekkie and was surprised that I used to watch Star Trek and have been a fan of the show since it first aired. 


I chose 6 alien women from different episodes to picture around the inside of the bowl. and I used scrap fabric to make the landscape  and planets on the outside of the bowl.on the outside of the bowl.  I added a starships and luckily I had a stary blue fabric for the sky.
  On the inside of the bowl I added a picture of the crew with spocks hand held up and I put the words Boldly going where no man has gone before. I machine stitched everything in place.
 The fabric used for the inside and outside of the bowl were fused together with ultra hold heat and bond. I painted some ares with watercolor pencils.
 I would post a picture of the inside of the bowl but first I may need to get permission to show the picture. I will find out . If i can I will post it.
   

 To give the bowl stability I machine stitch  around the inside of the bowl many times.
   I also paint the bowl , once it is stitched, with a glue and water solution. After it is dry it is stiff and sturdy. I like making these bowl they are easy , easy and fun.

 Once you get your pattern your not far from making a bowl.
   I will post a web site link later .
I'm going to a openhouse .




Below are pictures of the two bowls I made yesterday. 

                                     Flower Bowl



 Fall Scene Bowl