Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

 More  About Cuff Bracelets
    I love this time of year . It is so beautiful and the weather is perfect. 
    I have been busy finishing a couple new Cuff Bracelets . These are addicting . I really enjoy making them and I'm happy to be able to use up my odds and ends from previous projects.
     I just finished  an article for the  upcoming June issue Quiltposium magazine. These  bracelets will be featured.
    This first bracelet was done in an  analogous color  scheme. I choose blues,purples and greens.
 I had a small scarab which I had made from simulated Lapis Lazuli and I had a small goddess face I made from simulated jade. The leaves were made from navy blue,white ,pearl and transparent polymer clay.
You can find wonderful clear instructions at Polymerclay Central.com to make the leaves .
 I want to make different colors of leaves for each bracelet I make. I like the way they look when attached to the bracelets. I had some beautiful glass beads that were the perfect color . I used a navy blue polymer clay and I glass bead to make the button for this bracelet. I added a dragonfly and  ankh charm
 and some metal beads. The fabric I used for the bracelet is cotton and I used metallic threads for the surface stitching.