Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Kukui Tree Part Two
   After I finished making the Kukui Tree for the full color quilt I had to paint some fabric ,using black,white and gray fabric paint) to use to make the trunk of the tree for the black and white quilt.


   The first photo is the fabric , still wet,I painted . I set it up vertically on a piece of plastic so the paint could run and simulate the bark of the tree.





The second photo was taken two or three hours later . You can see how the paint ran down the fabric. After this piece of fabric dries I will cut it and make the trunk of the second tree.



Here is a photo of the finished tree. I selected four other cotton fabric the make the foliage for this tree  and I replaced the part of the trunk I had originally cut out.