Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Friday, August 24, 2012

First Draft of My Design is Done!

Finally got my first rough draft done for the new quilt I am going to work on. I was inspired by some photos I found on the internet of Hawaii. The yellow Hibiscus that grows there is so beautiful and I got to thinking that it also would be beautiful done in the black and white under a large moon.
The light will be coming from the right top and filter down through the picture. I want to put in three waterfalls, two pools,one cave and several Hibiscus. I have started making notes on the drawing to remind myself where I want to put each thing in each area of the quilt.
I will start choosing fabric tomorrow . This takes at least a week. I have some beautiful butter yellow fabric for the Hibiscus. Hawaii is so lush I will be able to use many colors of greens, and because there are so many flowers I will be able to use a full spectrum of colors
These quilts will take several months to make  I hope you will enjoy watching the quilts being made.
 I am calling this quilt "Yellow Hibiscus"  for now.