I have been stitching away for the past few days and I am pleased with the way things are going. I was able to get the Wind Poppies and the Wild Irises completed. I machine stitched around each leaf and flower. I also did a little free motion stitching on the Poppies and Irises. While I was working yesterday I decided to change the leaves I want to use for the Swamp Mallow. I love the flowers and I found a fabric that I like for the stems but the leaves I have already made just kept feeling not quite right, so yesterday I took a look through my fabric stash and found some fabric that I like better. I made a few leaves from the new fabric last night and I am making some more this morning.
I don't like to rush on making a quilt I feel it is better to have some you're proud of and know you did your best on than to have something to show that you know is not your best effort.
My having decided to change the leaves is one reason I didn't finish but when I am making a quilt I need to be willing to make a big change in what I am doing at any point of the process. The leaves just kept telling me they were not going to work.
Here are a couple of pictures of what I have done for the past few days. The first picture is a frontal view showing both sides of the quilt after I finished sewing the flowers on. The second picture is a closeup of the flowers I put on the right side of the quilt. The last picture are the flowers on the left side of the quilt.
Well I'm off the work on the Swamp Mallows.