Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Creating Bricks


I am finally getting around to posting for the day and a long day it was. I was able to get my brick pattern marked on the fabric and I made a few vines using a zigzag stitch. Tomorrow I will start stitching in the lines around the bricks I marked off today. I painted the brick lines using colored pencils. I will be using a free motion stitch to fill in the lines between the brick shapes.
   When I make the vines I couch yarn with sewing threads using my sewing machine. I thread the machine with  shades of green thread and I put a piece of  yarn under the presser foot. I hold the yarn in place to feed it under the pressure foot and  using  a zigzag stitch large enough to cover the yarn. I will use the vines on the largest tree and also on the bricks face to hold flowers.