Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Little More Progress




I love to do embroidery work; it is so relaxing. I am going to do most of the embroidery work on the large tree on the left. I have also been able to use watercolor pencils to add light coloring to the fabric above the Buddha.
With time and patience I was able to get the leaves on the tree stitched down . It is slow going because the leaves were messy cut and  there are allot of  edges on the leaves . The waterfall on the left side of the quilt was machine embroidered. I made the flowers on the lilies from tiny silk flowers which i painted with fabric paint.
I am feeling well today and that is good. I was able to get a haircut from my favorite hair stylist. She is worth her weight in gold because she always gives me a wonderful cut. It is so nice when you find someone who can cut your hair the way you want. and a person who is so pleasant to be around.
I have been reading a book a friend gave me about Buddha and I am enjoying it very much. She also gave me a copy of the Rubaiyat by Omar Khayyam . It makes wonderful reading on a cold winter evening,