Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Here is a picture of the Wind Poppies I finished last night . They were done using two light orange cotton fabrics and a dark purple batik for the centers which I hand embroidered with french knots . The leaves were done with fused cotton fabrics one light green and the other a two toned fabric and I machine embroidered the veins with a light green thread. I also used Fray Check to seal the edges of the leave so that when I apply them to the quilt they won't unravel. After I finish making all the leaves I will remove my fabric pencil markings and then the flowers will be ready to apply to the quilt. The next flowers I will be working on and finishing up today will be the Trilliums.
All the flowers take quit a bit of time to do because there are a number of steps and several pieces to put together for each flower.