Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Moon Gate Garden Quilt

I have been working on this little quilt for a few days. I made it to donate to SAQA ( Studio Art Quilt Associates). I love gardens and while I was looking at some garden photos online I ran across gardens that had moon gates for the entrance. I think they are so beautiful.
I used reverse appliqué to make this moon gate. I had several beautiful floral fabrics on hand so I decided to cut out my garden plants from them.After I cut them out, I used a tiny bit of fabric glue to attach them to the surface then I stitched everything down by machine. I think it makes a beautiful small quilt and it is not at all hard to do.
This quilt is 12" x 12" and I was able to complete it in a couple of days.  I am very pleased how it turned out. I love SAQA. You can learn more about them on www.SAQA.com.  For any artist who yearns to be more professional or to have better exhibit potentials, this is definitely the right organization. I am very grateful to them for helping me to continue to be a member, and this auction of these little quilts will help raise money to help SAQA help artists like me and many others with many things to make help us get good exposure for our artwork, and to become known for the art we do make.