Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Monday, July 12, 2010

My Egyptian Quilt is Finished


Here is a picture of the finished quilt. I will post some detail shots in another post. The quilt is about 30 inches across. It is a simpler quilt than I usually make but I am pleased with the result. I am thinking of donating this quilt to help raise money for an organization that I want to help.
The next piece I am going to work on is a scarf for Fiberarts Connection fund raising challenge, "Enduring Earth." The money from the sale of the quilt will help The Nature Conservancy .
I haven't decided how I will make the scarf but I want to put animals and plants etc on it. I am also going to make two bags for friends. One a spirit bag for someone who is ill and the other is a book/cell phone bag for another friend.
I have also found a pattern for a shopping bag that folds up to a wallet size.
A friend gave me several boxes of pre-cut fabric that I can use for these projects.
The new projects will be fast and easy and it will give me time to think about the next quilt I want to make.

No comments: