Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Patience is Required Here


This is a picture of some of the work I did yesterday. It took a long time to stitch in such a small area. I chose around ten colors of thread to do the plants under the tree.I will be stitching in the area today and I will be working on the moss I want to have in this area. I used different kinds of thread which I twisted together to make the moss. I use a pencil on which I wrap a length of thread, twisting until it is tight so that it holds its shape once the pencil is removed. This technique is good for making hair or moss or what ever you can think of. I have also started working on the plants in the very bottom right of the quilt. I decided to use a reddish rust color for the first thread and I will probably add other colors as I go along.

No comments: