Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Something to Help Me Work Better



I have been working hard on the quilt for the past few days. I am doing the surface stitching and it takes a lot of time. I didn't have an extension table so I used a piece of foam core board laid across my ironing board. It helped me keep the quilt level and also helps me do the stitching a lot easier. I am able to move the quilt around when going from one area to the other.
I also got some topstitch needles from a friend and it makes the stitching so much easier to do. Another thing I have started to use is a sewing machine magnifier for the close up work.
This part of making the quilt is slow and takes considerable patience, but once you get a rhythm going it is relaxing.

No comments: