Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Piping On the Border






Well I finally got the border strips made. Whew! I thought I would get them done in no time; boy was I wrong. It took me two days. I painted the piping with fabric markers pens then cut the piping into 8 to 9 inch sections. Next I attached them to black cotton strips. I used three black strips cut 1-1/2" wide. I placed them around the edge of the quilt to see how they would look.
Today I will attach them to the edge of the trimmed quilt, miter the corners then pin all my quilt layers together and start free-motion stitching on the surface of the quilt.

No comments: