Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

update on quilt progress


I have been able to work on my quilt for the past few days and I finally got the plants painted and pinned down. I need to glue everything in place before I proceed to the next step. I want to do more work on the hills in the middle of the quilt. I would like to add more plants and perhaps put in some stitches or couching , don't know yet until I start working on the areas. I was able to fine some nice lace for the plants. I had to paint the lace five times in order to get the color I wanted.I found some very pretty nylon fabric to use for the plants under the tree. Fortunately I don't have to paint the fabric by the tree. All I have to do is add a few stitches.I want to add beads and decorative stitches to my plants but I won't do that until I get a little further along.
It has been beautiful today where I live. I feel fall in the air. I love to bake this time of year. It is almost time to make a large batch of cinnamon rolls.The leaves are falling from the trees today we are getting a nice breeze from the delta.
I think I will take a few pictures and post them.
I have been working hard today just to help me not think about the fact that I don't have enough money to buy myself a van. I am not able to leave my home now because my van quit working. It had a huge cloud of white smoke coming out of the back when my friend started it up. I think I will try to barter one of my quilts for a new van. Perhaps I will get lucky and someone will want a quilt to help me get a van. I saw a van on Craig's List that is just the van I want but alas no green.

No comments: