Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Flowers for Quilt






These are pictures of the flowers I am using on the vines on the large tree on the right side of my quilt.They are silk. I got them from the craft store. They were on a spray I bought and when I took them home I removed them from the stem. I am going to attach them to the vines I made.When you get flowers like this you get a pretty large amount of flowers and you can use them for several projects.I am going to make french knots with several colors of embroidery thread to go in the middle of each flowers.I also have a spool of 1/16th inch ribbon ,I may paint with fabric markers, to use for the french knots in place of the embroidery thread. I haven't made a final decision on that yet. In my next post I will explain how I made the leaves, that will be used, on the vines with the flowers.

No comments: