Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mountain Cove Landscape Quilt

Here are a few pictures of a quilt I made for a friend. I used scrap fabric I had on hand. I painted the sky fabric, which is organza, using Pebeo Setacolor fabric paint.The rock ledge on the left was made by placing batting under store-bought fabric that I over-painted with felt tipped fabric markers.Next I applied turned the edge of the rock formation under and stitched it to the quilt top then free motion stitching was done over the surface. The stems of the plants on the right were done with fabric tubes which were then stitched in place. After making the pink flowers I embroidered stamens to the centers of the flowers. I used silver metallic thread for the sunlight sparkle on the surface of the water. If you like this quilt or have any questions about my work please feel free to write me. I would love to hear from you. Some of the quilts I post are in private collections already but I do have a few that are for sale. Click on the photos for a close up view.














No comments: