Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

"Moonlit Garden" Quilt

This is a picture of one of my recent quilts. I did this quilt because I would love to have a moonlit garden of my own. I did a search on the net and found out there are many plants that bloom only in moon light. I used fabric I painted for this quilt. The tree was made using free motion stitching on Solvy  After the Solvy was dissolved in water, I ironed the threads out and applied them to my quilt. The flowers have beaded centers. The moths were made from sheer fabric which was painted and beads were added for the eyes. I embroidered dragonflies on the bench and I used metallic thread for the fireflies in the bushes behind the pagoda. Many of the leaves on the foreground plants were made individually and applied to the area under the bench. I will post pictures of some of the quilts I have made from time to time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what beautiful work you do!