Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

TWO NEW EXPERIMENTS ----- I have finally recovered from the heart attack I had and got my studio set up and ready to go. I am working on a new piece, (a fabric bag). I'm also going to be teaching myself two new methods of coloring fabric. The first will be Sun Printing and the second will be how to use alcohol ink on fabric. Today will be the first time I've tried Sun Printing. I'm very excited to try making my own fabric with this method. To make my Sun printed fabric I will be using Pebeo Transparent paint and bleeding tissue paper. I buy my transparent paint at Dharma Trading Company and I buy my bleeding tissue paper on Amazon. I covered a piece of foam core with thin painters plastic and taped PLAIN white cotton over the plastic. When I'm ready to place my piece in the sun I'll mist the surface of the fabric with water and apply my transparent paint. Then I will add strips or circles of the bleeding tissue paper. lightly mist the surface again and set the covered foam core in the sun until it is dry. I will post pictures as I go along.