Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Saturday, November 18, 2017

   NEW CLASS
Hello,
 Wanted to let everyone know I'm  going to  be teaching a class about making  Fabric Art Bowls this coming January.
     I will be posting all pertinent information ,about the class on this blog,regularly about the class and materials you will need for the class. 
  
     Here are some of the things you will need to have to make the bowls.
     you wont need everything on the list . it will depend on which type bowl you will be making.
     I will be adding items to the list below and additional instructions  explaning each step will be provided at the beginning of the class.
       
       1. Fabric stiffener            7. scissors
       2. Invisable thread           8. Two squares of fabric
       3. glue sticks                     9. One piece of heavy duty fusible web
       4. bias binding                10. Bowl Pattern
       5. Paint brush                 11. Sewing machine 
       6. Scrap Fabric and/ or
two pieces fabric of choice    
           12. Plastic wrap
           13. Fabric marking pencils (light/dark).

  This set of pictures is a bowl I made for someone who is a Star Trek fan.
   I made this bowl with cotton fabric scraps I had on hand. The photos inside of the bowl are photos I printed on fabric ,cut out and added to the inside and outside of the bowl. 
       I made the letters for the inside of the bowl the same way.
  The planets were made from scrap fabrics.
  To make the bowl stiff I used invisible thread to sew around the inside of the bowl and  I used a mixture of Elmer's glue and water and painted it on the inside and outside of the bowl and then let it dry.  I added bias binding to the top edge of the bowl. 

                    *** Recently I've discovered a new formula for making the bowls much stiffer  than they are now. I will be experimenting with this formula to see what its properties are and will post my findings and Ill compare it to the method I'm using now.
  I'm very excited about trying this formula.
      

  *****************************************************************************
                        Slideshow Available 
  Ive made a slideshow ,using Smilebox, recently to present a few pictures of some of the different  types of bowls I've  made. Hopefully they will inspire you  to create one of your own.