Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Sunday, August 16, 2015

FUNDRAISER
 37 days to go ----Please check out our fundraising site.
Here are the photos of the new bag.






   
Just finished a messenger bag. It is made from old blue jeans and white cotton fabric. I transferred 12-- 3x5 photos of comic book covers onto white cotton fabric that had been soaked in a solution to help the fabric hold the color. Next I printed the cover photo for the bag onto white fabric , it is a 6x8 inches about.
I put fusible web on the back of each photo , removed the paper backing and ironed it onto black fabric and used a zig-zag stitch around the edge of each... picture.
I added pockets and used the left over pictures that were small
extra pictures I had leftover from testing the photos sizes and fused them to the front of the pockets and front of the bag.
   I printed a skull photo to use on the inside flap of the bag.
The bag is approximately a 12x13 in bag.
Lastly all the pieces were cut out and the fabric lined with a fusible interfacing. I assembled the bag and ironed it. I was glad all the photos came out clear and bright.
   It is for someone who likes comic books. Hope they like it.