Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015


NEWSPAPER CANDY DISH
     This is my first news paper candy dish. I cut up a news paper into strips and the rolled them up to make a lid, base, handle and bottom for the bowl. I painted the bowl with Burgundy and Ocher acrylic paints.
       Lastly I sprayed the dish with a clear varnish to give the bowl a high gloss shine.
      These take some time to make but they make great gifts using inexpensive  materials. I fount the idea for this bowl on You Tube. 
       I think the next bowl I will make I will use magazines again and make a small container  that can be used foe paper clips etc.
   Now these can't be washed but they can be dusted off .
   So if you have some magazines and news papers sitting around try your hand at recycling them into  something useful or  gift giving.