Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Trees, BBQ and Corn Dogs

I have been working on my quilt in between doing a BBQ, corn dog fry and keeping my ear to the news to find out what is going on in our State on the news.
 I finished most of the stitching for the trees in the top half of my quilt. I had to take frequent breaks because stitching around the fabric pieces I cut takes a long time and is physically challenging for me.This is a picture of some of the pieces of fabric I cut for the tree leaves and bushes.
The next thing I will be doing is cutting more fabric for the mid portions of the quilt.
I copied the important areas of the quilt onto cellophane to help my place my cut fabric pieces in the right place.
Free motion stitching on the surface of the quilt is relaxing and fun even though it does take longer.