Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Creating the Turtle Spirit Bag






These are photos of all the parts of a spirit bag. I machine stitched goddess figures on a watercolored fabric along with the words heal, dance, dream, imagine, and joy, and I machine-stitched geometric designs on the fabric for the strap. She asked me to use greens and blues in the design. Her spirit animal is the turtle.
I made the tiny beads added to the front from polymer clay. After baking the beads I hand painted them and coated them with Mop and Glow to protect the surface and add some shine. The three beads are a bird, lizard, and a fish to represent sky, land, and water.
After taking these pictures my camera's batteries need to be charged. Once I charge them I will take photos of the finished bag and some other things.