Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Free-motion Quilting the Background for Texture




I have spent the past few days doing free-motion stitching and regular straight-stitching on the background of my quilt. I will be working on the date palms next. I also want to add some steps on the right side of the quilt. I will be using watercolor pencils to color the brick-like tiles in front of the garden.
I am going to take a one-day break to do some beadwork before starting the palm tree.
I am going to make dates to go on the date palm tree and also make a few dates to go in the basket of figs I am adding to the quilt. I have made black and white drawings for the date palm and I have fused some fabrics to be used to make the date palm trunk. The truck fabrics will be cut into fabric snippets and fused to a background fabric.

No comments: