Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Mitered Corners





When making a mitered corner, make your border strips at least 8 inches longer than each side of the quilt.You want a least 4 or 5 inches of the border strip to go past the edge.Put your finger in the corner (shown by the wooden skewer) where the two border strips meet and take the top strip and fold it back until the two strips meet on their edges. Iron the fold so you have a sewing line. Fold back the quilt and sew on the fold line. Trim off the extra so you have a 1/4 inch edge. The top picture is a picture of my mitered corner.

No comments: